Born in Barcelona in 1967, studied Geography and History at the University of Barcelona. My training combines a diploma as Diplomated Yacht & Small Craft Surveyor by the prestigious Marine Training Academy (MTA), recognized by the University of Portsmouth, with 30 years of experience in the yatching industry as technician and professional skipper. I have sailed more than 100,000 miles and crossed Atlantic ocean 14 times on all kinds of yachts as delivery captain or professional skipper. I am Ocean Yachtmaster and Sailing Instructor RYA (Royal Yachting Association).
Three decades on professional sailing, in which I have participated on the construction or “refit” of all types of sailboats in composite, aluminum, steel and wood. I started as an apprentice in small local yards and have worked for the most prestigious shipyard in the world. I had my own boat maintenance and rental company. I have been member of technical teams in the most demanding ocean races and sailedl every year thousands of miles on my German Frers 50, a wonderful 40 years old classic yacht. Currently I offer my services as an Independent yacht surveyor
- Member of Open 60 “Old Spice” technical team for Vendee Globe 2000 (singlehanded non stop round the world race) with Javier “Bubi” Samso
- In charge of systems for the technical service of Nautor ‘s Swan in Spain, the most prestigious shipyard of the world.
- Chief of systems for IMOCA 60 “Estrella Damm” for Barcelona World Race 2010 (doublehanded non stop round the world race), classified 4th
- Boat captain for IMOCA 60 “One Planet One Ocean” for the Barcelona World Race 2014, 4th place.
- Yacht maintenance professor for Museu Marítim de Barcelona
I am prepared to understand the rigors, demands and difficulties that a boat can face and I have the knowledge, experience and tools necessary to inspect and survey any yacht, determine her state, suitability or value